Walking Tour of Betchworth Castle - Sunday 13th September 2020 (HOD)
- Any walkers/volunteers showing signs of Covid-19 symptoms on the walk will need to leave the walk immediately and self isolate for seven days.
- Should any walkers fall ill with Covid symptoms after attending a walk, they should immediately inform the walk leader to allow for Track and Trace.
- Please do not attend walks if you have any symptoms.
- Masks must be worn at all times - and we will be observing social distancing.
- Parking is available on the semi-circle roadway at the entrance to Betchworth Golf Club, opposite Wyevale Garden Centre on the A25 between Dorking and Reigate. Please do not park on the grass itself.
- There is a footpath sign indicating the path to the Castle from the parking area. Please assemble at the gate beside the footpath sign 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start.
- The walk takes place on unpaved and uneven surfaces. Paths can be slippery in some conditions and you may encounter nettles and brambles. We advise walkers to wear suitable footwear and clothing for a walk in the countryside.
- The Castle is about 15 minutes’ walk from the car park and the walk lasts for about an hour and a half at moderate walking pace.
- Some of the path is suitable for wheelchairs but narrow entrances, uneven ground and slopes make the Castle itself inaccessible for wheelchair users.
- There are no toilet facilities or refreshments available on site.
- Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome.