Newdigate School by Jane Lilley
1660 - 2010
350 Years of Learning.
This book tells the story of Newdigate School. The first tiny schoolhouse was built in about 1660. The present school is in its fourth building, and has now provided education to the children of Newdigate and the surrounding areas for 350 years.
Through historical research and anecdotes from those who have been associated with the school over the years, this book describes the life of the school and its interaction with village life, and shows how activities and the curriculum have changed and defined education for the local children from the 17th century to the 21st century.